Saturday 26 January 2013

WOW

Wow what a surprise that was. Our Friday drive to Wakefield took us to the Wakefield Mill Inn & Spa where Steve told me we had lunch and spa reservations.

 AMAZING experience the 3 course lunch the ambiance the massage & outdoor hot tub with Maclaren Falls in the background and to top off perfection you are surrounded by a forest of winter wonderland. It so reminded me of the time I went to Saint Sauveur with some girlfriends but felt sweeter because it was shared with my husband. Oh, and I can't forget to mention they have roaring fires, a pool table, chess boards and other board games out for guest to play as well as snow shoes in the lobby!




I could not of asked for a more perfect day. I was excited just to see the covered pedestrian bridge and the breathtaking views. The river was still flowing in parts and huge chunks of ice had steam coming off them. The cottages were lovely and we found out although Wakefield is in Quebec it has a strong English community. I could see us raising Euan in a place like Wakefield. We found out the Inn does evening Discovery 5 course taster menus with wine pairing & jazz nights. It's the perfect place to go with a few friends for Steve's birthday dinner.

I took a few pictures check out the heart shaped floating ice!







4 comments:

  1. What an amazing day...everything looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends got married there! It's very beautiful:) Looks like you had heaps of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did and indeed it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete